Translate

Miss World Slovenia 2010

Slovenia is located on Central Europe touching the Alps and bordering the Mediterranean Sea. It was one of the republics that comprised the former Yugoslavia until 1991 and it is the richest of all Slavic nations. Around half of the country is covered by forests including the famous Triglav National Park, named after their highest peak, Mount Triglav, which is also the national symbol of Slovenia. This nation is the merging point of the Alps, the Dinarides, the Pannonian Plains and the Mediterranean. All four provide different scenarios that diversify the country's natural scenarios. Slovenia have many Baroque and Venetian Gothic buildings and has several towns that date from the Middle Ages which exemplify the long history of this nation. At the world's greatest beauty contest, the nation debuted in 1992 and this year Sandra Adam will try to reach the finals of Miss World for the first time.





1. Give us an introduction of yourself.

My name is Sandra Adam and I'm 20 years old. I come from Slovenia, very small but the most beautiful country in the world. I study criminal justice and security and of course I would like to have my own security agency. My boyfriend, friends and family are very important in my life. I can always lean on them and ask for many advise. The most important thing in my life is health of my family, friends and me. I like to help other people, that is why I'm also the blood donor. I enjoy cooking, dancing, walking my dog, biking and jogging. I have always wanted to travel around foreign countries and I have never had that wonderful opportunity before. This time it'll be the first time to travel by plane and I have to admit I'm little nervous. But I still could not wait to meet other beautiful girls and get to know different kind of culture.



2. Tell us a bit more about your country and hometown.

Republic of Slovenia is a country in Central Europe touching the Alps and bordering the Mediterranean. Slovenia borders Italy on the west, the Adriatic Sea on the southwest, Croatia on the south and east, Hungary on the northeast, and Austria on the north. The capital and largest city of Slovenia is Ljubljana. Slovenia has a population of 2.06 million. Slovenia is a member of the European Union, the Eurozone, the Schengen area, the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe, the Council of Europe, NATO, UNESCO, WTO, OECD and UN.

I live in a very small town and I'm the first Miss of Slovenia from that region.

Slovene people are passionate fans of football and on this years World cup we were amazing! Every Slovene is proud on our players.

Everybody says we are too small and unknown for winning important competitions but I believe we can achieve many unattainable goals.





3. What does it mean to you to represent your country at Miss World?

This is a huge honor. I'm very happy to represent our country and have this one time opportunity. Miss World is an important competition and I'm aware of its weight.



4. What preparations have you done so far or will you do for the Miss World final?

Every day is not the same after I won the national competition. I'm always in a hurry. I'm running from one place to another – to visit hairdresser, beauty salons, fitness studio … but I should admit I enjoy every second of it. Everybody would if someone take complete care of their body and soul.

For the competition I tend to improve my singing abilities. I'd also like to learn some chines words and more English, of course.



5. If you have to describe yourself in one word, what would it be and why?

Everybody says I'm a modest girl. I agree with them.





6. Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?

In ten years I would like to be happy as I'm now – with my family, boyfriend and friends. I will also build my career in this years, so definitely I will have a job on very high position in my profession. I'm also interested in worldwide social problems and fight against them – specially in trafficking in person.



7. Would you prefer being beautiful and rich or poor and smart?

If I'm smart I would choose beautiful and rich .



8. Which well known person from your country you most admire and why?

Former president of Republic of Slovenia Janez Drnovšek. Unfortunately he is already dead.

Nevertheless he had a great political power, he always had time to listen poor and simple people. His lifestyle was a mixture of elements from various traditions, including Hindu religious thought and the non-attachment of Buddhist philosophy. He also valued the indigeneous traditions of the world.

In his last years he was very ill, but he was still a fighter.





9. If you had to choose any other country to live in, which one would you choose and why?

That is not even a difficult question – I would never move from Slovenia. For me is the most beautiful country.



10. What do you think is the biggest problem facing the world today and what should be done about it?

I think environmental pollution is the issue everybody should talk about and take care of it.

I will expose water pollution, which is also a major problem in the global context.

Water is an important source in everyday life. Without it we could not exist. In Slovenia it is possible to drink tap water, what is very rare in this time and year. I think people should be more aware of this issue, we (the world) should give more money for ecological agriculture (without pesticids), seperation of waste watter and even in the law orders there shoud be more strict determinations for those who pollute water and the whole environment.





11. Do you believe a beauty queen should be politically correct when answering a controversial subject question or should she express her personal views on the issue?

If she is aware of the subject and has her own opinion she should express it. If she is a beauty queen, that doesn't mean she does not have her own opinion and personal views. The stereoptype that beautiful girls are not smart is not true.



12. What do you most look forward to about the Miss World Festival?

As I said in my presentation, it will be the first time for me to travel so far and by plane. I often watch travel channel and admire diffrent countries, but i have never had the opportunity to travel and meet other people. I'm so excited to explore China and its very diffrent culture. And of course I'd like to represent Slovenia in the best possible way.



13. The winner of Miss World will be the 60th Miss World. Which former winner do you most admire and why?

As a little girl, I was watching the competition every year. So far I remember Miss World 2005, She is from Iceland, also very beautiful and special country. The 2005 competition also took place in China (Sanya) like this year and maybe, just maybe my answer will bring me luck .





14. The motto of Miss World is Beauty with a Purpose. What does Beauty with a Purpose mean to you?

It means that a beautiful girl who won the national competition has a power to make a real difference to people in need through charitable works. I will try to help people in out country in the best possible way. As I said I'm also a blood donor and helping people is something I'm familiar with.



15. Share a message to your supporters and readers of The Times of Beauty.

Where is a will there is always a way.



and finally…

Star Sign: Scorpio

Personal Motto: Where is a will there is always a way.

Favorite Food: Chinese food, Seafood

Favorite Color: Red

Favorite Song: Simply the best- Tina Turner

Favorite Movie: The Notebook

Favorite Book: The Little Princ- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Favorite Singer/Band: Depeche Mode

Favorite Actor/Actress: Johnny Depp

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu